The PS10 subwoofer is a front-firing, free-standing and fully powered 10-inch subwoofer. This is an ideal subwoofer for a home theater or a small to medium size room where you wish to have full, powerful sound. If you’re looking to replace your home theatre subwoofer (not working?), the PS10 is one you should seriously consider as a replacement. The OSD Audio PS10 high performance home theater subwoofer has speaker level inputs and delivers 125 watts of power.
What Are the Benefits of A Front-Firing Subwoofer?
As the smaller sibling of the PS12, the PS10 is a front-firing subwoofer. Both models complement OSD’s down firing subwoofers. Front-firing subwoofers provide a lower frequency range of 25 Hz to 180 Hz, whereas down-firing subwoofers have a low frequency range of 50 Hz to 250 Hz. This requires more output power while using upgraded components that include a longer throw woofer for farther sound projection. The custom cabinet for the PS10 is designed to have both a front-firing woofer and dual front firing ports. Because of this design, you can place it close to a wall or tucked into a corner.
- AC Power Consumption: 200 watts maximum
- Dimensions: 13 1/2 x 14 1/4 x 13 1/2 (2″” feet on bottom)
- Weight: 33 lbs
- POWER: The PS10 is capable of a 200 Watt power output and fills in the low notes missing from your movies and music and gives you that spine-tingling rumble effect from your home theater system.
- SOUND QUALITY: With the 10-inch subwoofer, this speaker has high sound pressure levels and produces sounds in the lower frequency range. This is a powered sub that doesn’t need a separate amplifier.
- BASS: The 200 Watt power output in the PS10 provides heavy bass and can reproduce the lowest of audible frequencies immersing you in your movie-watching experience. The frequency response is between 38Hz to 120Hz.
- INSTALLATION: Installing the PS10 is easy! Either use the subwoofer out (RCA connectors) or the pre-out output (speaker wire) from your amplifier and easily connect to the inputs on the back of the subwoofer.
- DESIGN: One of the advantages of the front firing speaker and port design is, it allows you to build it into a custom media center cabinet. Along with the Auto-on sensing, you can set it and forget it.